Sunday 4 June 2017

Japan: 8th Sep 2015

I got a semi decent sleep last night. Woke up at 5 and went down for breakfast at 6:30ish. I had lots of different things to eat including omelettes where you choose the filling. There was Japanese things too which tasted refreshing, very suitable for breakfast. Sort of like noodles and beans but very nice.

I had another shower then re-packed my suitcase and backpack.

We all had to meet at the lobby at 9:00am. We caught a bus for a tour around Tokyo. We stopped at a cool shrine which had loads of miniature shops where i bought Totoro and Catbus plushies. I also got a Koro-sensei phone charm, with a shinto shrine style lantern head to match the location we were in. Lol that will be a nice reminder of being there.

It rained all day. Our next stop was to see the front of the imperial palace. There was nothing to see. a total waste of time hanging around a tourist spot with nothing to see. Asians love these sort of places.

Officially we were done for the day. However our tour guide helped us get used to the train ticket system. Its dead simple, you pay a price for a ticket, then travel to any destination that is under that price. Its only like a pound anywhere you go so no need for the idea of a return ticket.

My tour guide helped me get a ticket for Akihabara- the capital of the anime world. Once there I spent the afternoon browsing through shops that sell anime and manga merchandise. I even got a new 'Girls Dead Monster' T-shirt.
I tried searching for CD's but didn't have much luck. I could do with some albums from Puffy. They are hard to find online.
I also visited a maid cafe because why not?! It was fun. I ate a curry made up to look like a bear! I also had to help make the food cuter by chanting cute sounds when prompted. I got a photo at the end which was nice. My maid spoke English which helped, however i got by with the other girl who couldn't.

Next I tried for a CD shop but at this point I was flagging. I went through the lengthy process of getting back to Shinjuku. I got lost at Shinjuku station which sucked. Its too big.

It was about 6pm when I crashed into my room. I decided I would just concentrate on this diary entry and finding a way for Mum and Dad to see my photos. I have unintentionally left them in the dark since i arrived. Everything's been on Facebook all this time.

It got a bit late after dealing with internet stuff. I tried to find a restaurant but they were all shutting, that and nothing looked too great. I even walked into a Denny's with no pancakes on the menu. Blasphemy!

The only thing i did manage to do this evening was go to an observation deck on a tower nearby. Tokyo stretches onwards forever! It was spoilt from light pollution from inside the room itself, where annoying stuff was being sold.




















Tokyo

Tokyo

Tokyo

Imperial Palace

Imperial Palace

Akihabara

Akihabara shops

Akihabara shops

Akihabara shops

Akihabara shops

Akihabara shops

Akihabara shops- Gunpla

Akihabara shops- looking at anime bill boards outside

Maidreamin- Akihabara

Maidreamin- Akihabara

Akihabara

Top of the observation tower

Top of the observation tower

light pollution from inside the observation Tower....

...so as you can see, the windows became like mirrors. sighhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment