Thursday 15 June 2017

Japan: 19th Sep 2015

We visited a sake brewery museum today. It was only slightly interesting but Yumi bought us a travel sake bottle afterwards which was nice. I learnt that decent sake goes off really quickly. A new bottle needs to be consumed within 2 weeks. That explains why I hated it in the past.

We next visited Fushimi Inari-taisha, a home of the mythical white fox and location of the Thousand Torii Gates which was a location used in The Memoirs of a Geisha. I bought more trinkets and more takoyaki.

We were dropped back at the hotel and assigned slots for a courtesy room. I opted out in favour of finally getting my chance to visit the Manga Museum just down the road.

It was more like a library for Manga. There were people reading manga everywhere. Because it was so much like a library I was miffed at the entrance fee. I found the english translation section and read Yotsuba& volume 4 in its entirety.

Around 5pm I left to meet the others at the hotel lobby. We left around 5:30. On the coach to the airport it said on my phone that it was only 10am in the UK on Saturday. Considering I'm due to get home through the door somewhere around 4pm Sunday that mega sucks. 30 hours travelling :/

I've arrived at Kansai airport and am now in a queue waiting for Emirates check in to open. The time is currently 7:48pm.
At check in I was upgraded to a seat with leg room which was cool. I walked a lot around the terminal texting Alex via messenger. Also bought a green tea flavoured Kit Kat. Wasn't bad.
At the gate I decided to queue last and was one of the last on board. I love my seat it's awesome. Take off time was 11:40pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment