Thursday 15 June 2017

America: 14th June 2017

So today we had to wait in all day until UPS and Send My Bag arrived. Send My Bag arrived first, around lunchtime. That got rid of 3 suitcases to be sent to the UK again (thank you Mum and Dad!).

Next we had to wait for UPS to arrive. Unlike yesterday, he arrived! It was about 3pm though. But still, he was willing to take away the chairs! Still not 100% sure whether it was organised in the end by the seller or if he didn't know himself how many boxes he was taking away, but its really good that they are now gone. All we need now is the 100% refund and we will be happy.

Now we only need to sell everything else, including the flat. Fun times! Not.

We had dinner at 'Asian Box', a restaurant near Albertsons. Its not asian food per se, not Chinese food that you would expect from the UK at least. I still really fancy a nice Chinese and I thought I was going to get one today. However this is America, and this 'asian food' is "USA asian food", not "UK asian food". To me it tasted 100% American. I was very disappointed.

After that we visited the park and spotted a cormorant. Sabine even caught him on camera, fighting with a fish! Wow!
"USA asian food"....... not what I was expecting

No comments:

Post a Comment