Tuesday 6 June 2017

America: 5th June 2017

I chatted to Mum and Dad over Skype once Sabine had gone to work.

For those skim reading my blog / not understanding my situation (because apparently there are family members that don't...), I have to wait now until I get my work permit. I cannot even volunteer before I get this. Its crap that my Visa didn't automatically give me work permit status, but if we get out of the USA soon and head for NZ, it might be possible to get a visa that will automatically give me a work permit tied in. Fingers crossed.

And please, for any lurkers out there: just use the comments section. If you don't understand something, just ask. I'm not going to bite. In fact that's why I put a comments section into this blog in the first place (and it was a complicated process too. the standard comments section is for Google users only).

I spent hours searching online for the best way to ship goods. Its almost impossible. DHL was the only one that I found that worked. FedEx wouldn't 'ship to that postcode' and others simply were way too friggin complicated. However I found a few sites that worked out but I will be emailed with the quotations. I was really hoping to get something instant to get a ballpark figure of what sort of price range it would be. Sigh... The only quote I actually got was USD $1,322. That wouldn't be worth it if they all come back saying that.

I listened to my music whilst working on my TEFL course. I passed Module 8 today. 86%.

I walked around the park for an hour before Sabine got home. She came home with 2 lots of bad news. Firstly, it seems like she is denied the right to have a tax rebate, which was partly why America was 'do-able' for the two of us. This is a huge blow for living any sort of life here for the two of us in the USA.

Secondly, she got a letter from the bank saying that they need evidence of who she is. This is rubbish because she provided them with her Passport and German ID in order to open the account in the first place. We walk-ran to the local branch only to find it was closed at 6pm. The time had just gone 6. She was adamant she was told by the guy from the UCI branch (that closes at 5pm) that this particular one closes at 7pm. Alas its not the case. Dejected, we walked home and had dinner.

She has had a response from NZ asking when she wants to start. Its possible that it'll be 14th August.

Sabine also has a Skype interview with Melbourne tonight. Its unfortunately really late. 11pm. :/
I'm planning on walking around the streets again like I did the other day whilst she's having her interview. That walk was timed quite nicely considering.

Oh, and we will no doubt be watching Once Upon A Time again between now and her interview. Its just past 8pm as I write this.

Once Upon A Time: two episodes. Even then it was only 10pm. There is still another hour before her interview...

I ended up walking one lap around the OUTSIDE of Mason Park from 11pm. It took me much more time than I would have imagined. About 3/4 of an hour. Sabine was worriedly searching for me outside Ambrose when I arrived :'(

Her interview was okay but she wasn't sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment