Friday 16 June 2017

Japan: 20th Sep 2015

There was this french girl sitting next to me on this flight. She was visiting Japan for only a week. We were chatting for a while, comparing notes of our two holidays. After the plane took off we were allowed to set up the entertainment screen which was housed in the arm rest. We helped each other out trying to get it sorted. She also helped me find the USB charger for my phone. I remembered to take the charge cable this time so I allowed for the battery to run dry at Osaka airport when texting Alex. I watched Alex Garlands' Ex Machina which was a pretty good film.

Breakfast was served around 7:30am Japanese time. It stayed pitch black outside as we were chasing the night time as it moved across the earth. Not too sure what time it will be in Dubai when we land.

Landed about 9:25am Japan time, Early morning Dubai time say 4:30am but not sure.

I hung out with the French girl at Dubai airport when we were both in transit. We looked at all the duty free stuff and even tried to say things in each other's language dialects and making it funny. She couldn't say 'desert' without it sounding like 'dessert'. Lol. She left to go find her terminal. I was in Area A and she should have been in Area C but she had more time to kill so that explains that.

I next hung out with Mark and Caroline waiting at the gate. They ended up sitting behind me on the plane, along with a rocker type blonde chick who got chatty with me when noticing my Japan T shirt I was wearing. After getting to know her, she is a german girl who came from living in Japan with her boyfriend for 4 years and is now going to be studying at Northbrook College in Worthing for her 2nd year.

Finally taken off at 1:36pm Japan time, 5:36am UK time.

I watched the 2nd Spongebob movie whilst having to pause it multiple times for a snooze. When I was more awake I watched Tomorrowland. The woman I was sitting next too must have been addicted to coffee. She asked for it multiple times and even refused to drink the ones she was served for different reasons like they were "too milky" or 'didn't have enough sugar'. Her type of coffee was jet black with the slightest hint of milk with about 4 sugars. Yuck. She was also really fidgety.

Arrived back at 12:35pm UK time.

Bloody gatwick airport. I was in a queue for fucking ages at passport control. I even queued up in the supposedly quicker Electronic Photo Passport control queue but it wasn't faster at all, it was slower. Stupid UK inefficiency.
I talked to the blonde chick when queuing and added to Facebook too. We split ways after I visited the toilet. When I came out there was a sea of people so i didn't see her again. I did text her about how annoying the queue was.

I went home via Brighton. I had no idea that today is the day The Amex host a Rugby World Cup match. USA v Samoa apparently. The train was packed.

As I mentioned I followed Mark and Caroline all the way back to Gatwick. Mark is actually going to the All Blacks match in Wembley later today!


Ending theme song is: L'Arc~en~Ciel- Driver's High

No comments:

Post a Comment