Wednesday 7 June 2017

America: 6th June 2017

I went to the leasing agent office to tell them about our dodgy toilet that keeps flushing on its own. A guy later came over and sorted it out. It was apparently missing a part.

However whilst in the leasing office, the lady said we need to give them notice for our flat in 2 days. I was a bit perplexed. We don't even have to give our notice in It until 60 days before we leave. I went back after emailing sabine about it and the lady explained some stuff to me. I tried typing it down but it mostly went over my head. I think they want us to give them notice in a few days so that they can start advertising. I dunno.

I met Sabine at 4pm at her work. We went to the bank together and sorted an issue out. As for the bank letter thingy yesterday, thats again something legal that she needs to do. Why? Something to do with tax. I literally don't know. Banks need the proof that she is a non-American alien for some reason.

We went to the leasing office together. Sabine has decided to find a tenant on her own. She knows where to look online for advertising our place for rent for the duration we have it. The leasing agent even says it could be done that way. Its the cheapest option too.

She hasn't had a one to one with her supervisor yet. Sabine is now saying the NZ Professor wants her to start July 31st. Sabine has emailed to say if its possible to get the visas arranged by then, then yes.

Next issue is that we will need to fight to LEAVE. Its been a fight to get into this country, a fight to stay, and is looking to be a fight to leave too. Her Supervisor isn't proceeding with Sabines hand in notice. Instead he's asking for us to see him tomorrow.

Next questions are: When CAN we leave the country? Can we go to NZ from here? Will we be back in the UK in a few weeks?

This is all a bit overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment