Wednesday 14 June 2017

America: 13th June 2017

This morning I unscrewed and packed the two chairs I was using. The seller is weird and kinda stupid. They may have forgotten that they are picking up the table AND chairs today. It depends on what UPS expects now later today. I have to say the seller is not doing themselves any favors with their company. Very shoddy all round.

I continued with my online TEFL English course, Passing module 10 at 84%

I went out twice today. Firstly to post a letter, then secondly with Sabine to the UPS store to complain about the failure of todays pick up. We were waiting all day for the UPS delivery guy to turn up to collect the table. There was always someone in the flat at the time. However in the afternoon, Sabine looked up online (manually, logging in to get this info) with it saying that they "tried to deliver but we weren't there". We were both in at the time of 2:55ish. Its a tiny flat, we can hear the door very easily. So at the UPS store we asked them what that was all about, and the guy told us this sort of shoddy behaviour happens all the time, and that he could do "nothing about it but give us a phone number". Well we already rung before going in.

Maybe America is so bad that with some customer services, you would ring them up only to be told to ring another number. What is it about the USA and phone calling? Oh and the options! Everything phone related you get a stupid voice who talks slowly telling you how long their phone calls are going to be due to 'updates' before you actually even get to the options menu! Its like a parody but in real life!
What was it Sabines supervisor was saying the other day? America has ""minor issues"". aye yai yai.

The hummingbird feeder is very active all the time today. Every few minutes its being used.

Oh yeah, earlier when I posted the letter I thought it was about time I tried an American version of 7UP. Well I went to the nearest superstore today and found absolutely no soft drinks section. That store is weird anyway as its all veterinarian/glutenfree/makeupsomethingherethatsoundshippy/organic rubbish. Next I tried any store. the nearest cafe had no coke or soft drinks section. the next didnt have any either. What the hell? Is this pleasantville or something?! The Twilight Zone!? This isnt the America it should be...
I know Albertsons sell bottles of soft drinks, but that store was too far away for me today.
---
OK so after I uploaded this blog, I took a shower and Sabine read it. She saw how much I wanted 7UP and decided to walk to Albertsons to get me some! Whatagirl! <3<3<3 I was right, it DOES taste different! Its more lime tasting than lemon. I knew it would taste different here in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment