Tuesday 6 June 2017

Japan: 10th Sep 2015

Check out was at 9:30am. We had to pack an overnight bag too. I was slightly hanging and woke up about 5:30am. But I am on a coach now with the tour group on the way to Mt Fuji; The perfect opportunity to write yesterdays diary whilst looking at the staggering scenery of the towns in among the mountains. Its stopped raining since leaving Tokyo.

I've just seen the peak of Mt Fuji. Bloody hell its HUGE!

Out of Tokyo and its not raining! Amazing!

We made it to station/level 5 (of 10) at the top of Mt Fuji. Its a bit of a tourist trap but not too bad.

After that we had lunch down in the valley again, in a shop type family restaurant type place that overlooks the mountain.
I met a girl who reminded me of Popura-chan from the anime "Working!!!", working in the shop on the ground floor. She was so very small. I also spoke to her in my broken Japanese. XD

Next we drove to Hakone. Along the way we got out for an awesome wide shot view of Mt Fuji that appeared from out the clouds. Very cool, and it's so nice to have the weather getting better again.

The Palace Hotel Hakone is where we are staying tonight. It is equipped with its own outside Onsen. We all had dinner together in the hotel then I tried it out. You have to wear a Yutaka before heading out, very traditional like.

What an experience the Onsen is at midnight! It was just me and the chirping crickets. So spiritual. I can see why these things are popular.

Clouds breaking around Mt Fuji



Mt Fuji- 5th Station



Mt Fuji- 5th Station





The view from Mt Fuji

The peak

our tour bus!


Mt Fuji

Mt Fuji

Tasty arty food

Tasty arty food

My 'Yutaka'

No comments:

Post a Comment