Wednesday 14 June 2017

Japan: 18th Sep 2015

Today was officially a free day. However myself, Mark and Caroline from the group had pre-booked a half days bike ride tour. We all assumed that it would be something more than advertised though, as it was advertised as a "cycling tour through a bamboo forest".

We had to get a taxi to the meet up point, arriving at a hotel in the city. There we picked up our bikes. The 3 of us plus the guide took us for a tour of the suburbs. And you know what? It was brilliant! The suburbs are exactly what I see in anime all the time. In actuality it kinda reminded me of the anime FLCL. Like I was riding around the fictional town of Mabase or something.

As well as riding through the backstreets of the suburbs, we rode through a paddy field. We also stopped off at a few temples and looking around the stunning gardens. We even rode next to the river which was at the foot of the mountains.

The advertised 'bamboo forest' was more like a short walk down one street. It didn't matter.

Our ride was one way only and our guide showed us to the train station.

We caught 3 trains to Nara where the most impressive temples are. There are deer that bow their heads at you for food. I fed them with biscuits you can buy for them. There was one really cool temple with a massive statue of Buddah. So big you can get about 10 people on the palm of his hand!

I finally found a place to buy takoyaki, oh and before I forget the 3 of us ate pork curry at Nara when we arrived.

I saw the Nintendo building from the train back to Kyoto.

There isn't a great deal to say about today, but it was enjoyable.

I may not have mentioned this but Japan has tiny diddy vehicles ideal for driving through the smaller backstreets. Its quite quaint.

I need to pack my suitcase now.


No comments:

Post a Comment