Thursday 8 June 2017

America: 7th June 2017

Oh boy what a day.

We started our day with Christopher Skyping me. He gave us advice about the 'meeting' Sabine and I have to go through later today with her supervisor.

I walked with Sabine partway to her work but I headed to Albertons for milk and bananas.

I came back home and Skyped my parents. They gave me advice about the Skype call I had to make later today with Immigration NZ.

After that I got on with my english course. I could NOT Skype New Zealand this morning because at the time it was the middle of the night/early morning NZ time.

At 1:15pm I left the flat to join Sabine at her work so we could both have a meeting with her supervisor regarding her hand in notice. The fact that I had to go in for this is insane. Why am I involved? Anyway, the guy was talking to me in gibberish (seriously cant understand the bloke. He might as well be talking in 'simlish') about how it would be best to stay and ride out all the problems that is happening 'at the moment'. However we walked away with him saying that he would accept her resignation tomorrow after we talked about it tonight. We made sure NOT to say that it was because of her job offer in NZ. We both came home.

I Skyped NZ and asked my questions. After processing their answers I was left with even more questions, so I Skyped them again. Getting nowhere, shocked and confused once more.

Deflated, we decided to enjoy some of our day and we went for a burger.

Back after a good rest and feeling a little happier, I Skyped NZ once more.
Completely at a loss, I made sure Christopher would Skype me. It was early morning Taiwan time, middle of the night UK time at this point. He gave us his best advice he could, but said Dad was the best person to speak too.

I phoned NZ immigration two more times I think? I get a bit lost at this point. Anyway the very last phone call was a woman who seemed to help a lot better than the others. But the Visa processes are still going to be a HUGE headache, including Medicals, X rays and most possibly Police certificates too (which for her will need to be translated into English). This instantly discounts applying for NZ from within the states. The medical bills would be extortionate. We're coming back to England. We have too. She will hand in her notice on Monday.

However, Otago Uni still haven't gotten back to Sabine about the steps she needs to take for the Visa application process. Her professor may want her to start July 31st, but this is impossible. The application process will take at LEAST 2 months. Mine has to be separate I think. I cant even join her initially. I may not even be able to join her entirely. Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment