Friday 5 May 2017

My wedding to Sabine

Saturday 29th April was my wedding day to my beautiful wife Sabine.
The day started at my best mans house. I actually decided on two best men for my wedding as I have two really good friends that reflect two very different distinctive parts of my personality. I have never stayed around his house before, so I got to meet his mum and dad for the very first time that morning. His mum gave me a nice English breakfast with cups of tea. They have two cats, one who is shy and the other of whom is old and lovely.
We watched The Big Bang Theory on Netflix on the main TV, then watched a newer episode of Top Gear that I hadn't seen yet. It focused on Cuba. I had Paul's old cat on my lap the whole time.
We went to the church at 12:20pm.
31 people attended my wedding, including Sabine's German mother (of whom last went on an aeroplane around 45 years ago) and Sabines brother (who she hadn't had contact with in 15 years). The wedding was in Southern England where I have been mainly based now all my life. Some of my relatives went too that I haven't seen in years. Even some of my friends went that I haven't seen in a few years.

Sabine looked stunning. I know I have seen the dress before when she was trying on dresses in Germany, but still, it was different now with the completed train like veil, and her hair ornaments and the purple necklace/ earrings that I bought. She is a beautiful girl.
I didn't fluff my lines during the service, she missed one word but not a big problem.
The weather was gorgeous outside! Its been a crap week for weather and as I write this on Sunday 30th, its back to being crap again.
We got everyone sorted into cars after the service and the taxi I booked arrived on time. We all made our way to Deans Place hotel in Alfriston. Everything went according to our plan.

Sabines brother and Mother were talking for the first time in years, so they seemed to have repaired their relationship a bit.
We had reception drinks followed by photographs in Deans Place in the gardens.
After that everyone took their seats at the main room, then Sabine and I went in together. I said a speech thanking everyone, then Paul did his, then my other best man Alex. Alex's speech was from the heart. It was so touching. I have known Alex for 21 years. We have somewhat grown up together.

The afternoon tea was nice. it was sandwiches, cake and scones with creme brûlée things too.
We chatted with everyone for hours, until 8pm when we called it a day. The cutting of the cake went well. We ordered a two tier, off center, square cake. The lady we ordered it from did a really nice job of it too.

As Sabine and I were staying overnight at Deans Place, Mum and Dad left us the car and got a lift home with friends of ours. Another friend named Richard gave me a lift home because I needed my glasses in order to drive home tomorrow. Something I should have remembered to take with me! lol

Overall today was really nice. It went really well and we couldn't have asked for better weather.






















No comments:

Post a Comment