Tuesday 23 May 2017

America: 22nd May 2017

A bunch of stupid loud American teenagers were partying outside at 3am laughing and shouting at the top of their voices for over an hour. Our balcony faces a strange concrete section of the park that some americans decide to use as a skate park. Its more of an irrigation pathway with steps yet Im now worried that these bloody idiots will be down there most nights.
Today Sabine took me into her bank to upgrade her account to a joint account. Luckily the guys were willing to do so. After that Sabine took me one floor up to the International Center so I could sign in officially with the USA. This was needed as without this, I cannot apply for an EAD card / work permit. Because we are organised, we then walked directly to the post office with the correct paperwork and sent off my application to the EAD organisation somewhere in Arizona.
We came back home. Sabine cracked on with some important paperwork and I got on with my English TEFL studies. Twice for a break we visited the park behind our flat. The second time being this evening.
Tonight we cooked together for the first time here in the states. We were going to divide the massive packet of mince we bought the other day, but it was impossible due to it being frozen, so we had to cook the lot. Wont be doing that again. I don't mind buying huge packets of meat as its cheaper to do so, but only if you ration the portions. Next time we will divide the meat before freezing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment