Monday 22 May 2017

America: 21st May 2017

For the first time I actually got a decent night's sleep, though I did wake up around 4am but still got back to sleep again.
I had a long skype chat with my parents after breakfast.
We have ordered online a table and chairs set from Amazon, and two bikes from Walmart that can be assembled in our local store for pickup on wednesday. We have a garage so no problem storing them.
We went for a walk around the park located just north of our apartment complex. It's so beautiful! There are woodpeckers in the trees and turtles in the ponds that neither of us suspected would be here.
There was a rally happening today in the park. Many people doing some sort of sponsored walk with a lot of wooping and yelling going on. I asked some people what it was in aid of and they said it was a kiddy rally to raise awareness of exercise for children. Fair enough. However when the guy said it was just two laps of the park, I kinda facepalmed as It's purely flat land around here.
We visited the main leasing office to apply for a years contract in a one bed in Ambrose Apartments for September. There were two people working there. We signed our contract for the years lease from September and afterwards had a huge chat with them both regarding Irvine and California in general.
The guy recommended us to have lunch at a burger restaurant just across the road called 'In And Out Burger'. We tried it but the chips were floppy and the burger was meh. So much for an 'awesome burger bar!'. I had a far superior burger at the restaurant at Beachy Head the other week. The weird thing about this restaurant though was the family sitting on the adjacent table. It was a dad and 3 kids but it felt like watching an American sitcom with me being the camera. They werent doing much, just being highly American, but somehow I just felt like I was watching Malcolm in the Middle or something.
We visited a different superstore to look for salt and pepper. The background music was on very low, but the song reminded me of Feed The Tree by Belly. Walking closer to the speaker, it was. Thats pretty cool. The pepper was expensive so we visited the better one just up the road. I bought myself some Boysenberry jam. Im sure this will make dad jealous. We haven't got a toaster so i can't toast my bread for the jam. Oh well.
Later today when the sun was lower we walked back to the park for a longer walk this time. Sabine took many photos of all the interesting Californian birds.
We didn't bother with a dinner. It's too hot to eat much. Kinda ironic really for America.
Our flat is the one on the top floor in the middle of the photo
The park next to our flat
<3
Hummingbird!
Turtle!
We've started a new company producing salt! XD
I have finally got myself Boysenberry jam after many years
We went bird hunting this evening

No comments:

Post a Comment