Sunday 21 May 2017

America: Day Two

19 Fri-
It took me a while to fall back asleep but I managed to get 1.5 hours more sleep. I woke up to the sun having risen and a few interesting birdies chirping outside! Also Sabine has finally read my messages! <3
Regarding the toilet paper issue, the lady has nail varnish remover tissues by the side next to the empty toilet roll holder. But I worry about how you shouldn't flush something like that. I'm using my own loo roll I brought with me from Seaford.
The lady i'm staying with has a singing kettle. It took forever to boil. But it's still interesting.
I went for a walk around after I plastered myself with suncream. Everything is so tropical! There are Hummingbirds that chase after each other and even one cutie flue up to me as if inspecting me!
There are palm trees and eucalyptus trees that give off a smell that reminds me places abroad.
There are even trees in bloom that are purple!
Even the skies have an exotic shade of blue.
I even thought i saw a NZ Pohutukawa tree. This was a tree in a golf course area where I first spotted the hummingbirds.
I had to go back to my AirBnB. The lady was willing to drive me to Ambrose Apartments however she was not yet back from her run.
Dad weirdly tried to record a video using his smart phone but instead pressed a fb call button. I answered it straight away. It was a good opportunity to talk with them both, face to face over the internet, not that we both had much to say. I was worried because i wanted to get a move on to make it in time to join Sabine for our 10am induction. The lady finally arrived around 9.55 and she drove me to Ambrose in her open top mustang. Lol
She dropped me off at the Ambrose complex residence center.
I was met by a guy who told me that Sabine was already being shown to the flat. He took me there himself where i was greated by a very happy wife just outside the flat. Soon we were both alone to unpack our belongings together.
We went to get some things from a nearby supermarket which had very expensive stuff and no decent museli for her. :(
When came back to our unfurnished flat and lied on the floor, there was a bit of a thud against the door. Sabine opened the door to a huge package. Our bed had arrived! I placed the order on Tuesday and it said it would likely take a week to arrive. Anyway we were both ecstatic to getting the bed here on day one!
It comes with a base and a mattress. A package that turned up yesterday was the bed sheet so we are preety sorted. The only thing is, Sabines future supervisor had our airbed package which we needed to collect today. So after setting up the bed we went to the university and to her labs.
We waited a while for her superior to appear in order to pick up our package, but he wasnt around. Instead we ate at a Subway and had a nice sandwich. Turned out to be our dinner too.
We went back and met the supervisor. He was a nice chinese guy. I watched a live experiment happening with a mouse which was pretty cool. The live camera on the nerurons was awesome to see. Every now and then white dots appeared on the screen.
Sabine has just read that last bit and laughed. Apparently its something to do with calcium.
Sabine was supposed to meet a woman at 5pm around the lab to look at a bike. Well that took about an hour for her to turn up. Sabine and the lady went to her place to look at the bike, and the supervisor drove me back to my apartment with the package.
Alone again at the apartment, i tried to have a shower but the bloody thing wasnt working. I had to walk to the leasing agent building to tell them about it.
Sabine came home kinda unhappy because USA has done another thing shit. Luckily she was told beforehand, but she now needs to get some more paperwork sorted to not have to pay tax. Her situation isnt automatically recognised as having not to pay. So yay, more things to do!
Things were sour this evening as my cold + jet lag were wearing me down. We had to walk back the shopping center to deal with somehow showering using a sponge. Bloody hell.
No dinner tonight. We were both completely fed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment