Monday 22 May 2017

America: Settling In

20 Sat-
The bed is too hard. Don't get me wrong I'm pleased we have one, but its going to cause me back problems for sure. Even our spare new airbed may be more comfortable. Maybe.
Im spent. My illness has taken hold big time. I was awake for hours in the night yet somehow managed to sleep at around 7 got 1.5 hours.
I plucked up just enough energy to join sabine and her new work colleague who has a car. She kindly drove us to the nearest Walmart, miles away. We bought major essentials for the flat including cooking and eating stuff.
Im really worried that foods are made with either too much sugar or salt. So far we have found decent oats, a semi decent bread, butter spread thats slightly more salty, and some type of processed ham that tastes sugary. Errgh.
The internet guy from Cox phoned Sabine when we were at Walmart that he had arrived to the flat already, when his booking slot was between 1-3pm. He had the audacity to explain that he emailed her to say he was arriving earlier than expected. What a dumb ass. He should have just phoned her originally in this case.
back home I was exhausted again.
Sabine unpacked our stuff from Walmart and I conked out on the bed.
Cox, the internet providers, arrived around1:30 and sorted that out. Next, servicemen arrived to sort out the shower. I'm actually pretty pleased about both things being sorted today.
Pizza tonight! Though hers had some weird cheese in it so she didn't eat it. Cream cheese maybe? Didn't work on a pizza. I tried to eat it myself yet I felt like I was just eating fat, so I gave up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment