Friday 11 August 2017

Dunedin: Life in New Zealand. Part 1

Well, considering I wont be posting as often, this is where my Blog posts will stray from my diary. As i've said previously, i just copy & paste my diary into this blog. But alas I wont be doing that anymore. This will be from a fresh perspective and less descriptive, I guess. Right now I've found myself in the local library. Its huge! Wouldnt mind working here but there arnt any jobs presently. Im typing on my phone with tiny text so appologies for misspellings.

We moved into our new home. We both agree its not perfect, but its all we got. Its furnished so there is that. The bed is nice and comfortable. Hopefully it wont be as cold in the bedroom either as the AirBnB was. The chinese lady hasnt cleaned a damn thing by the way. Maybe the essentials (if you call the carpets 'essential') but its a different story when you start opening draws. Theres a lot of dust about too which isnt a great thing. Theres no WiFi at the moment. So this morning I was doing a bit of unpacking. I also moved things about so that the room layouts work better.
I really cant tell what belongs to the previous tennant and what belongs to the chinese landlady. I was thinking about cleaning around but I got lonely and wanted to see the sun, so here I am, typing away at a library and waiting for Sabine to finish work.

Jesus christ that lady is HUGE. She needs to go on a diet and Pronto! 0__0
Actually I quite like the seating arrangements in here. They have proper arm chairs dotted around.
Death in Vegus is a great band. So pleased im listening to them right now.

New Zealand has crazy hills. They are ok if you need to walk down them. Sorta like san-fransisco (Cheers spellcheck, not) as Sabine would say. But walking up them is a killer. lol. Great views though.

I saw they were selling ice cream earlier. None from TipTop though. Why is that I wonder? They have other brands at the moment. TipTop is still around though. They sell this one called a JellyTip which maybe could eventually be a rebranded Rad? But the jelly is red, not green/yellow. Im more interested in the pies at the moment. Too cold. This morning I genuinely thought I was in late February or early March. I was trying to remember between the two months it actually was before it hit me. -_-;

The mall is pretty cool. Its deceptively huge inside. Okay the workers in this library all look of retirement age. 0__o

Yeah err, the mall. Um. Its big inside, and has mostly female marketed clothes shops. There is one tech shop in there, with overly expensive DVDs. Talking of which, its weird how the DVD rental shops are still doing business over here. In the UK you can pick up DVDs for a fiver. Over here they are $18-$25.
Maybe i can rent the latest season of games of Thrones like the good old days when it comes to DVD. Unfortunately I have no idea when it will be out. I miss it like crazy and it sucks not having the means to watch the new episodes that are currently airing.

What else is there I want to say... Its just turned 5pm. I hope Sabine finishes soon. Very lonely without her around.

I hope I get a job soon. Sabine was told that something like every 10th New Zealander studies countryside ecology. So chances of getting a job there are slim at best. But i do look everyday regardless. Same as library jobs and anything suitable in Dunedin really.

I'm really happy Sabine loves her job. Though she is still going through the motions of doing the standard procedure courses to use the things in her lab by herself. She has to do this whereever she goes, even if she knows it off by heart from using other labs abroad.

Theres this event thing on facebook, a bit like japan club and meeting at a restaurant. I hope we go. I miss my friends from England. Need to make new ones and still havent yet. :(




No comments:

Post a Comment