Tuesday 5 September 2017

Dunedin: Life in New Zealand. Part 3

In the last few weeks I have visited Moana pool. Not to go swimming though, but just to check it out. My toe is still healing so I still need to give it some time. I stubbed it on my wedding day and then a few days later when visiting the American embassy. And all because I was wearing black shoes that didn't really fit me very well. Since then its been a very slow healing process. But its getting there.

The situation with the cats around here is a weird one. We feed them daily. We are visited mostly by two cats, a fat white/tabby and a black one. The black cat is very scared of us, and so too is fat kitty. Both we haven't been able to stroke. Because of this Sabine and I visited the SPCA on the Sunday just gone. Its a rescue center for cats and dogs. We just wanted to pet some kitties just for the sake of it ;3 When we arrived, there was a lady with a bunch of kittens. That was cute and Sabine held one. The center itself only currently houses 3 cats which is actually a pretty good thing to be honest. One was an old fatty kitty, another one was shy, and lastly there was a white slim cat which just wanted to eat the whole time.

I went to an event from the University called 'chat time' on the 25th. Its a Japanese meetup group. I was hoping it would be something like Japan Club from back home. But I was wrong as it was a bunch of students practicing their Japanese for an hour with each other. Sigh... I stayed and felt uncomfortable and then joined Sabine afterwards and had a good laugh about it.


We have stayed in NZ longer than we ever did in the USA, so that's something.

Yesterday I had my induction for temping with the university. That went well. They just wanted my information to put on their employee register. They gave me a login and a welcome pack. I really REALLY hope I get some work now.
Afterwards I met Sabine and we had lunch together in the mall. We had a subway sandwich.
It was a glorious day so I walked to town. Walking home I noticed a dead cat in a bush. I went to stroke it but it was lying there with flies around it. So when I got home I decided to phone the SPCA and I left an answer phone message. Poor thingy. It was by a main road too so maybe it got hit by a car. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment