Monday 11 September 2017

Dunedin: Life in New Zealand. Part 4

I did a lot of sorting and clearing around the house one day last week. The previous tenants stuff were then put into the shed. I even went to town to hand in library books that had never been given back.

Along the way I noticed the dead cat still in the same place. When at the library I connected to the internet to get the SPCA's number. I phoned them again and got through this time. The lady on the phone told me that they don't deal with dead animals. Well what do you do in these cases i wonder? The only thing i could think of was putting up a post on the Facebook group about lost and found pets. When home again I got a phone call from the SPCA that they would retrieve the animal after all. Driving to pick up Sabine I noticed the SPCA van there as I drove past, so they found it at least. That was later confirmed when one of the owners of a missing cat messaged the fb group to say they went to the SPCA after their work and saw it, but it wasn't their lost cat. In fact the SPCA rang me again to say the cat was not microchipped and was an unneutered male. could have been a stray. However it was hit by a car. Considering its place right by a major road, I'm hardly surprised.

On my birthday, we drove to central Otago. We got coffee first at Palmerston station where the weather was nice. We drove to a 'blue lake' which was at St Bathans. The wind was terrible and cold, and the lake nothing special. We were disappointed and drove onwards to a dam lookout at Clyde. Next we drove north to Cromwell just because it was kinda nearby. I decided it would be an idea to visit the fruit store that I went to in 2009. It was still there, but the fruit wasn't piled high as back then due to the season. Just had stock like a normal shop. We drove south via Alexandra which was a big town with nice looking new build houses. According to Dad it was a ghost town in 1990.
We had a Lamb sandwich at Subway in Milton on the way home. Tasty!
We got home to find the shed and the carport had been cleared of everything from the previous tenants. Fantastic!
This evening we ate a bit of my birthday cake bought from Pac N Save yesterday.

on Sunday we walked into town twice. Firstly to sort out what fluids to buy for the car by visiting Repco, and secondly because we didn't have anything else to do. But we did share a Chinese meal in the mall and had a hot chocky in Starbucks. We had fun at the card shop where nearly every card is imported from England, Including Clintons. There was even a card with Beachy Head lighthouse on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment