Tuesday 21 July 2020

Dunedin: April/May 2019

Around April time, I made it my personal mission to completely own the back catalogue from the band Bis. This wasn't easy, as the band have multiple releases across vinyl, CD, digital downloads, special releases, promos, remixes found on other bands' singles. You name it. I used a website to work out a list of everything I didn't already own, and used Amazon and Ebay for purchases. For the ultra elusive tracks, I downloaded them from YouTube. I wanted to create my own list in an order to match their actual studio recording dates, and place them in the era of what albums they were releasing at the time. I originally made a poster for this, but the project became so overblown I ended up finishing it by the end of 2019 as a Google Online Spreadsheet which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KaI3fZ2NkYBIWkAJDNLnPFrpBRoyLLQhZpG3fj3jiac/edit?usp=sharing (It works on a desktop computer only. And scroll very slowly to avoid it crashing. You can export it to Excel very easily where it won't crash). Needless to say, the band is very happy with my work. And I keep it updated too even now.

Getting your car washed in NZ can be a bit of fun. It's not like the UK where a machine washes your car. You can go to a car wash station that has a jet wash hose that you can use yourself, or you can go to a car parking lot area where a charity or organisation will have a team of people that can do it for you, as a fundraiser.
On the 28th of April, after our Easter holiday, we did just this, having our car cleaned from a group of girls from a high school basketball club of some sort. How very Kiwi-esque.

From May 2019 we started the ball rolling for having our house for sale. We had Kirsty from the real estate agent, Nidd, come over so we could put the house on the market- not that we had anywhere to go at the time, which was scary stuff.
Anyway, it was a case of cleaning up every room ready for house viewings, and cleaning the windows. I also took the green waste from when I worked on the garden, to a green waste dump in Kaikorai Valley, where you literally dump your greenery on a field on a hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment