Monday 7 May 2018

Dunedin: Wedding Anniversary and Going Swimming Again!

Wednesday 25th was Anzac Day, a public holiday here in NZ. I cooked us eggs on toast this morning. Later we went to the Ecosanctuary and each had a plate of spicy nachos which was yummy.

26 Thu-
I got my hair cut today. I was really hoping to get it right at long last, but yet again I felt like they cut it wrong. I may go to another hair dressers next time.

28 Sat-
After eating eggs again this morning we headed to the market, then had something nice at a cafe in town that we haven't visited before. That was nice.
After a shop at Pac N Save / Warehouse we came home and did the cooking. We now have enough food to cover two weeks. So we will skip going to the market next week.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, but we decided to celebrate tonight for dinner at an Italian in town called Etrusco at the Savoy. It was excellent. We had 3 starters; olives, pizza bread (it was more like a Margherita) and bruschetta (3 small garlic breads with different toppings). For our mains Sabine had a nice veggy pizza, and I had a really tasty pasta dish with cured Italian ham. It was excellent, really damn goooood and probably the best pasta dish I've ever eaten!! The restaurant itself was on the first floor of this building and had a nice roaring fireplace. The bar was in the middle of the room which reminded me of Cheers.

29 Sun-
Its been raining all weekend.
We went swimming today. Both of us. Sabine decided to get us both a 6 month pass for Moana Pool. We HAVE to go at least twice a week to make it worth the price. I did my usual lengths and an underwater length. I'm quite pleased I can still do this. Sabine swam for more than a hour. I'm quite proud of her.
Later today we went to Re:Burger and visited the butterfly's at the museum.
The ceiling drip is back again, so the landlady came over to witness it. They pretended to understand whats going on, claiming its just dripping from the top of the chimney pipe from the roof. Rubbish. If it were, it would be dripping down the chimney, not to its side. They came back the next day and 'cleaned the chimney pipe', after I asked for a professional to do this and make sure its viable for use. They are amateurs who insist they do everything themselves. Its annoying as I still feel unsure about the condition of the chimney.

On the 1st and 3rd of May we went swimming after work. Its amazing how many student swimming lessons are happening here. They have a 50m length pool divided in the middle with a floating wall. They also have a diving pool which is a 25m length pool which is really deep. They also have a huge kiddy pool with a wave machine, another toddler pool tucked around the back, and a bubbling hot spa pool which we use after our swim. Oh, and rapids pool.

Work has had me dealing with this philshing leaflet process. Its a bit quirky in its idea, but I feel its another waste of tax payers money. Instead of sending out an email to all the staff about philshing prevention, they instead have decided to create this leaflet, which will be handed out to all staff. The catch is, I have been tasked to fold these bloody things and stick a bloody Cadburys "Chocolate Fish" bar on each and every one. Its been bloody tiresome. I have to do this for hundreds of leaflets and chocolate bars. Its ironic really that I am literally the soul and only 'Cadbury factory' in Dunedin right now. Talking of which, the recently closed factory has been completely sold off to be built as a new hospital. That is actually quite a good thing. But the Cadbury World tourist attraction is also going now. Until this point it was to stay.

For the weekend of the 5th and 6th, we went swimming early on each morning.
I also enjoyed the rapids pool for a bit then we went in the hot spa pool.
On the Saturday we visited the Ecosanctuary and had lunch there. Not so many birds around though. Its pretty cold out now :(
We bought a different fish from Pac N Save called an Elephant fish. I don't think its as tasty as the Brill.
Sat evening we watched a DVD; Casper. It was quite a good kids film from 1995.
On the Sunday we tried another cafe we haven't visited before. I had pancakes.
Back home I cleaned out the bird feeders and topped them all up. We haven't used them in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment