Monday 31 July 2017

Dunedin: 31st July 2017

This morning we both were awoken by Sabines alarm at around 7am. So thats it, officially we have no jet lag even though we still get tired in the evenings.

Sabines coworker Eulalia picked up Sabine at 8:30 this morning. We met her briefly the day we arrived. She lives nearby and so its not a big deal picking up Sabine whilst we are still living here in Mornington.

I had a house viewing appointment at 11:45am with a small brand new bungalow just up the road. its almost brand new and looks very low maintenance. So its a contender. Unfortunately I wasn't the only one viewing it. I was a bit weirded out by how after 5 minutes the people looking at it walked out. I stayed to ask the lady a bunch of questions regarding the property. You are only given a ten minute window to see the places and ask questions. I do find that a very strange thing, but they all do it.

I came back home and typed up my findings. After that I walked to town. I could have driven but because of car parking I decided not too. I used the really useful offline maps app to guide me through the alley ways and streets to get to town. Mostly steeply downhill the whole way.

I went to BNZ and spoke to the manager lady I spoke too on Friday. She set me up with online banking and telephone banking, and also wanted to have a really REALLY long chat with me. About an hour to be exact. Her friend is selling a Mitsubishi 4x4 so I asked for the details. She was even happy and willing to see what type of car it was on the internet. NZ seems to be a country where you really do speak to people and get to know them, like people of a village would.

I went to Vodaphone to get a sim card. I have an NZ number now. I went to Sabines office to give her my new phone number but instead I got to hang out with her and Rebecca and have a nice long chat. Sabine absolutely loves her new workplace. Its a really great gamble that paid off in the end. At least, so far so good.

Sabine could leave her workplace at 3pm, alongside me. I never expected this. We proceeded to shop in a nearby New World and walk home, up the very steep hills. For those that do not know, Dunedin is the home to Baldwin Street, officially the steepest street in the world. I love how NZ isn't scared to build their houses on huge hills.

We came home and phoned the lady regarding the 4x4 car. We will see it tomorrow.

Sabine has to go to work next on thursday. She needs an Inland revenue (IRD) number in order to do anything next in her work. So she's sorting that out now.

Our dinner has Mango masala in it. it was very tasty!

Regarding what I was saying earlier, Its now the evening and I'm not that tired. So yeah, we have NO jet lag anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment