Tuesday 22 September 2020

Continuing Our Stay in Quarantine

Tuesday 15th-

Jet lag. We were awake at 3am. I went down to get us coffees at the 6am cafe opening time. An hour later, instead of waiting for todays breakfast, I ate the two prawn & mussel cocktails from the fridge that we didn't get round to eating from a few days ago. Delicious!
Todays breakfast which I chose was the French Toast, which was naff. There wasnt much else to say regarding today. It rained a bit, but we still got outside 3 times, and I have blisters from my new shoes.
We got over our daytime jet lag by staying awake the whole day, at least until 8pm.

Wednesday 16th-

We slept throughout the night with no issues other than Mioni needing sorting out, which is normal anyway.
Sabine went to get her morning coffee at 6am, and saw kingfishers outside on the fence. Naturally we went outside at the 8am opening time to try and see if they were still on the fence, but they weren't. The sun is shining outside again today, much like day 1.

The internet is down today. Has been since 2am.
There was a bus load of new people today, meaning we weren't allowed out of our rooms until they were processed and in their rooms. I still managed to get out though for a bit. We got a negative Covid result from the other day.

Thursday 17th-

Not much to say. We had a pizza for lunch, and lamb in the evening. There are new people here and some are from the NZ Black Caps. One of which isn't wearing his face mask properly, and everyone is telling him to put it on, but he only swears as a reply. One old guy looks like Grant Nesbit, the television commentator. Might actually be him, But he wears sun glasses as well as his mask, so its really hard to tell. He doesn't have anyone else in his bubble which makes me think its him. Its probably not him, but simply by having semi famous people around, It makes me question who is who.

Friday 18th-

I took part in Tims Listening Party on Twitter, listening to Bis' New Transistor Heroes album at 7am / 8pm UK time. I was listening and discussing about this album at great length at the same time as all 3 band members, and fans alike. The internet can be a wonderful thing.
It was raining off and on all day today.

Saturday 19th-

Our Countdown shopping arrived and was in the lobby for pickup. We bought some things online yesterday such as baby milk powder and a few other things such my favourite smoothy drink. We also bought 2 Vodaphone Sim cards, so at least we can have telephone numbers again.
Outside this afternoon I had a chat with a guy who recognised me from the plane last week.

We had the burger again tonight so I can show what I mean about it keeping its shape



 

Monday 21st-

The weather was nice. There was a guy throwing a hissy fit in the lobby. Probably a guy not used to the idea of being in quarantine. Quite a few staff members were buzzing around the area making sure things didn't escalate.

No comments:

Post a Comment