Sunday 8 July 2018

Dunedin: Life in New Zealand. Part 14

Not much has happened since my last blog post, apart from buying a house. But I'll post about that when its time.

It snowed for one morning in early June. It forced Sabine to hang around in the morning with me, and we left together because there was no way I could have walked to work on the icy paths. However by home time it had all melted.

Sabine had a hair cut in town one morning. Her first one since before the wedding.

With work I went to a Maori village near Taiaroa Head on the peninsular. It wasn't a tourist village, it was a working one with a meeting house, school and Christian (? why?) church. We were shown around which was nice and all, but there wasn't much of a lunchtime today.

Bloody Yue is scratching at the door of the cat room all the bloody time. I have been awoken by him meowing like crazy and scratching at the door late at night. I usually put on gardening gloves and go in there and smack him.

21st June (Thursday)-
Yue is back from being neutered today at the vets. He was very groggy and spaced out, but otherwise back to his normal self after a day.

30th June (Saturday)-
We spotted a Yellowhammer in the garden.
This evening was Dunedin's 'Midwinter Carnival', which was a naffer version of Brightons 'Burning of the Clocks'. It was only for 15mins with a fireworks display that went off about half an hour later. The procession has a lot to live up to compared to the UK.

3rd July (Tuesday)-
I was hungry during my afternoon tea break. I decided to go to the Night n Day 24 hour store to get something (first time in weeks). Sabine was walking just ahead of me in the Octagon (it was just gone 3:15pm), walking back to the car after her work. I ran up to her and decided to get in her way. She looked at me as if I was an annoying guy, before she realised it was me!! HAHAHA!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment