Wednesday 14 March 2018

Dunedin: Life in New Zealand. Part 11

I got frustrated at the end of work today because of pettiness. As I mentioned previously, at work I deal with taking down the mail trolley at 4:45pm. Well about 2 weeks ago the post delivery guy from DX told me he's been frustrated at how 'late' I am upon arrival. He told me that "One of these days I'm just going to go and leave without taking the mail so as not to be late for pickup with the next client(s)".

I'm supposed to meet him at 4:45pm and it only takes a short lift ride to the basement. Maximum time duration of 2 minutes. So he's saying this, getting frustrated with me being 2 minutes late. This is petty.

Whats worse is that today I was told off by my colleague for leaving at 4:40pm, like I've been doing since the DX guy told me off. "Oh No, you need to take it down at 4:45pm as thats company policy". A 5min difference is petty.

Both sides of the argument is petty. It just is.

I emailed my manager for a straight answer. She was ill so wasn't at work today. I hope this is resolved by the time I need to take it down tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment